Systems Support Engineer – Permanent – Eynsham, Oxfordshire
Our client based in Oxfordshire is a leading technology company with over twenty years of experience in delivering ICT Solutions. Due to expansion they are currently looking to recruit a Systems Support Engineer based in Eynsham, Oxfordshire.
- This is an exciting opportunity for a 2nd / 3rd Line Support Technician wishing to work in a System Support Team supporting a mix of education and commercial customers.
- The role incorporates providing both hardware and software support.
- The team’s function is to provide support across a wide range of IT back office infrastructures and client devices.
- To provide a professional technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support service to the customer within a Service Team, via telephone, email and remote support.
- To provide a professional and effective remote network monitoring and management service.
- To manage all incidents within agreed SLA timescales, escalating where required ensuring that timescales are met.
- To ensure all support work undertaken is accurately recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), ensuring the SMS is kept fully up-to-date with the status of each ongoing problem
- To ensure that the escalation process is adhered to at all times and that the Support Supervisor and customer are fully updated on the status of all ongoing problems and escalation’s.
- To support junior team members in the resolution of incidents.
- To operate in according with all processes and procedures at all times.
- To ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the System Support area and any supported systems.
- Occasional requirement to attend customer sites to assist with technical issues or project work.
- To complete additional ad hoc project work, as required.
- To assist the Support Supervisor by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required.
- To make recommendations on potential improvements to working practices and performance to improve service levels and customer satisfaction.
- To undertake any other reasonable ad-hoc request made by the Support Supervisor.
- Two years working within a Service Team providing 2nd line technical support
- Extensive working knowledge of Active Directory and server based client services (DHCP, DNS, etc)
- Extensive working knowledge of Group Policy Management
- Good working knowledge of Virtualisation Technologies (VMWare, HyperV)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Exchange (2007/2010/2013)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Good working knowledge of Anti-virus, Backup and Software Update solutions
- Good working knowledge of SAN technologies
- Good working knowledge of server & Infrastructure hardware
- Experience supporting networks, including knowledge of VLANs, ACL’s, VPN, etc
- Good working knowledge of Network Lockdown/Management Software
- Good working knowledge of Apple OS X and IOS
- Good working knowledge of Imaging and Deployment Tools
- Experience in supporting Thin Client technologies
- Powershell Scripting
- Microsoft Certifications
- VMWare Certifications
- Cisco/HP Networking Certifications
Salary: £28,000 – £33,000 (client will pay higher salary depending on skills)