Xact Placements are currently working an engineering company who specialises in advanced video and image hardware / software solutions. Their products significantly improves picture quality, compression and processing speeds with reduced power consumption. Our client’s products are used by various industries such as broadcasting, security, medical imaging, video conferencing, telematics as well as aerospace & defence.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Engineer to join our client based in London.
Main Duties of the Role
- Supporting R&D and QA teams by evaluating Visual Quality impact of new algorithms or features and providing corrective advice and analysis
- Helping establish calibration guidance for any new product iterations across internal and external platforms
- Collaborating with technical and commercial teams to help establish the causes of VQ issues
- Use existing tools and techniques to execute VQ test and build/script new tools for performing VQ testing/validation function
- Defining and documenting objective and subjective VQ assessment guidelines and processes, and training users of these
- Planning and conducting scientifically driven video quality tests to generate reports for benchmarking purposes
Your Skills and Experience
- Solid experience of DevOps principals, CI/CD and value of test automation in a pipeline
- Good understanding and hands on experience of Git and SCM
- Experience in an Agile testing environment with a good understanding of Agile development practices
- Hands on experience of BDD/TDD/ATDD
- Expert scripting skills using one or more of the following: Python, Bourne Shell, CMD, Power Shell, Perl, and Ruby.
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of VQ metrics and tools