Hands-on Product Specialist (Linux) – Permanent – Staines
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
My client is a leader in dynamic targeted advertising software. They are looking for a Hands-on Product Support specialist with Linux expertise.
My client is looking for someone that has the ability to fulfil a role that will draw on experience of working with Linux-based systems and that will give you experience in working with cutting edge workflows.
The successful candidate will work with their operations team in the roll-out and maintenance of their core software-as-a-service offering.
Specific duties will include:
- Working with solution architects to implement the roll-out of dynamic software services for customers
- Troubleshooting live production issues using standard Linux tools and scripting
- Hardware/software migration
- Customer site installation and support
Furthermore, you will have an opportunity to work be involved in customer projects assisting and supporting the on-boarding of customers onto my client’s dynamic platform.
Skills & Requirements
The ideal candidate should have:
- At least 3 years experience in working with Linux (preferable CentOS/RHEL flavours)
- Good working knowledge of shell scripting or other scripting languages such as PERL, Python, PHP
- Competence in IP, HTTP, and DNS.
- Experience with working systems with high availability
- Experience with working with large scale web applications
- An enthusiasm for investigating new technologies
- An ability to express concepts clearly and concisely by email or verbally
- Experience in working in a small team and being self-sufficient
- They value core engineering skills and willingness to learn over specific domain knowledge.