Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a 2nd Line Systems Engineer for a Managed Service Provider to be based near Witney, Oxfordshire?
Main Duties of the Role
- To provide a professional technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support service to the customer within a Service Team, via telephone, email and remote support.
- To manage all incidents within agreed SLA timescales, escalating where required ensuring that timescales are met.
- To ensure all support work undertaken is accurately recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), ensuring the SMS is kept fully up-to-date with the status of each ongoing problem
- To operate in according with all processes and procedures and to ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the System Support area and any supported systems.
- Occasional requirement to attend off-site data centre(s) to implement / maintain systems
- Occasional requirement to attend customer sites to assist with technical issues or project work.
Your Skills and Experience
- 2+ years’ experience in IT Support
- MS Office 365 and Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- VMware, Hyper V
- VLANs and VPN configuration
- PowerShell scripting
- SAN technologies
- Server & Infrastructure hardware
- £27,000-£30,000 per annum, depending on experience