Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a 3rd Line Systems Engineer for a Managed Service Provider to be based near Witney, Oxfordshire?
Main Duties of the Role
• To provide a professional technical advisory, diagnostic and repair support service to the customer within a Service Team, via telephone, email and remote support.
• To manage all incidents within agreed SLA timescales, escalating where required ensuring that timescales are met.
• To ensure all support work undertaken is accurately recorded on the Service Management Systems (SMS), ensuring the SMS is kept fully up-to-date with the status of each ongoing problem
• To operate in according with all processes and procedures and to ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the System Support area and any supported systems.
• Occasional requirement to attend off-site data centre(s) to implement / maintain systems
• Occasional requirement to attend customer sites to assist with technical issues or project work.
Your Skills and Experience
• 5+ years’ experience in IT Support
• Good working knowledge of MS Office 365 and Microsoft Server Operating Systems
• VSphere, VCentre and VCloud Director for Service Providers
• Good working knowledge of:
o Veeam and Acronis backup technologies
o VLANs and VPN configuration
o Server based client services (DHCP, DNS, NPS)
o PowerShell scripting
o SAN technologies
o Server & Infrastructure hardware
• VMWare Certifications
• Experience supporting Fortinet / Cisco firewall solutions
• Microsoft Certifications
• Experience supporting Microsoft Azure
• Good working knowledge of Apple OSX and IOS
• Experience with Tegile, EqualLogic, or similar storage technology
• Experience with HP and / or Dell Blade Enclosure hardware configuration and maintenance
• Good working knowledge of Imaging and Deployment Tools
• £30,000-£35,000 per annum, depending on experience