Xact Placements are currently working an engineering company who specialises in advanced video and image hardware / software solutions. Their products significantly improves picture quality, compression and processing speeds with reduced power consumption. Our client’s products are used by various industries such as broadcasting, security, medical imaging, video conferencing, telematics as well as aerospace & defence.
We are interested in candidates various levels from junior candidates who are aspiring to juniors to seasoned developers who are looking for an interesting company. To be successful you will need knowledge video development (This doesn’t need to be commercial however commercial experience in this field would be an advantage)
As a member of the R&D Team, you will play a key role in further developing our clients Imaging platform whilst assisting their customers with integrations. As part of this work, you are going to work on the full stack from web and mobile (Android, iOS) to containerised services.
You are going to be responsible for delivering high quality code, which matches the functionality of prototypes. You will experience a great deal of creative freedom in architecting your code and choosing your algorithms wisely. From time to time you may get your hands dirty an work on our clients highly optimised GPU (OpenCL) and CPU codecs to improve performance!
- Great deal of enthusiasm for performance optimization
- Strong foundations of modern C++ (C++11 and STL)
- Familiarity with git, build systems, script languages, CI/CD pipelines etc.
- Should have good working understanding of Agile development and test driven development
- Should be keen on writing unit, functional and other forms of testing.
- Knowledge of Pytest, Google test framework or other unit testing framework.
- Relevant degree (at least BSc) in either Computer Science, Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Development skills in mobile apps for both iOS and Android
- Back-end development skills e.g. for e-commerce applications
- Working knowledge of docker or other container platforms.
- Should have good working understanding of CI/CD and it’s importance.
- Understanding/experience in developing real-time applications for
- Understanding/experience in both imaging and video
- Good understanding of OpenCL/CUDA and SIMD scheme in general.
Salary: 30,000 – £60,000