Xact Placements are currently working an engineering company who specialises in advanced video and image hardware / software solutions. Their products significantly improves picture quality, compression and processing speeds with reduced power consumption. Our client’s products are used by various industries such as broadcasting, security, medical imaging, video conferencing, telematics as well as aerospace & defence.
We are interested in candidates various levels from junior candidates who are aspiring to juniors to seasoned developers who are looking for an interesting company. To be successful you will need knowledge video development (This doesn’t need to be commercial however commercial experience in this field would be an advantage)
- Develop software for new products
- Take the conceptual, high level mathematical complied by the research team and architect C++ implementation on Windows/Linux OS/iOS/Android
- Integrate with third party commercial and open source codebases
- Create clear, concise and verifiable technical specifications, APIs and integration guides
- Support third parties integrating SDKs
- Test, measure and quantify complex signal processing code, in order to validate performance and provide customer ready releases
- Take personal responsibility for timescale estimation, task prioritisation and design accuracy
- Experience of working in video processing or equivalent high performance compute experience
- Significant experience in developing C/C++ code from the ground up and enhancing established code bases
- Willingness to independently and rapidly learn new subjects at the level of depth and rigor that is needed to progress development activities
- Willingness to prioritise development activities in accordance with commercial priorities
- A strong communicator and team player who strives to succeed
- A good degree in either Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Ability to solve problems in a consistent way so as not to compromise the strategic direction
- Able to grasp an exciting new concept with genuine interest, trusting the innovators and driving execution through self-motivation
- Experience of design and implementation of compression codecs, particularly MPEG2, H.264, HEVC
- A good understanding of Agile Development and DevOps best practices to accelerate the adoption of Quality driven development.
- Set Top Box video driver experience (especially on Broadcom SoCs)
- Background in Broadcast TV applications
- An understanding of CI/CD pipelines and their practical applications in a development environment.
- Understanding of development best practices, modular development and a keen eye for a Test Driven Development approach.
- Ideally you will have used some testing frameworks like Google Test Framework, CPPUnit. Proven track record in unit, functional and integration testing.
- Experience of pair programming with other programmers and QA resources.
Salary: £30,000 – £60,000 Plus Benefits