Xact Placements are currently working an engineering company who specialises in advanced video and image hardware / software solutions. Their products significantly improves picture quality, compression and processing speeds with reduced power consumption. Our client’s products are used by various industries such as broadcasting, security, medical imaging, video conferencing, telematics as well as aerospace & defence.
We are interested in candidates various levels from junior candidates who are aspiring to juniors to seasoned Researchers / Engineers who are looking for an interesting company. To be successful you will need knowledge video development (This doesn’t need to be commercial however commercial experience in this field would be an advantage)
- As a video research engineer you would be expected to primarily:
- Continuously develop and improve existing compression algorithms and codebases (mainly written in C++);
- Contribute to create new tools and strategies for efficiently processing and compressing images and videos; and
- Collaborate with and support the productization teams to ensure that the developed algorithms and codebases are implementable in line with V-Nova’s product strategy.
You will have:
- Commercial or academic experience in researching and developing algorithms in video processing and compression
- Proven ability to work in teams and/or in agile cross-functional environments;
- Proven record in delivering complex projects and tasks on time;
- A good degree in either Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline;
- Understanding of existing coding standards such as AVC, HEVC, VP9, AV1 or equivalent; and
- Proficiency in C++ and preferable also in other programming languages.
Preferably you will also have:
- Experience of pair programming with other programmers and/or QA resources;
- Exposure to some testing frameworks (e.g., Google Test Framework, CPPUnit) and understanding of CI/CD pipelines and their practical applications in a development environment.
Salary: £40,000 – £60,000