Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a 24/7 Desktop Support Engineer for a successful MSP based in Milton Keynes?
This role requires a dynamic and proactive individual with excellent communication skills who is able to work well within a team supporting the users for a specific client.
You will be required to provide basic support and troubleshooting for software, hardware and network related issues based on expanding processes, escalating to the required teams
You will be working 12-hour shifts on a 4 on / 4 off basis including night shifts.
Main Duties of the Role
- Answering inbound calls from users with technical issues or requests, and logging them accurately with detailed information into the Call Management system.
- Taking ownership of new cases and acting as an end-to-end point of contact to see them through to resolution, all whilst ensuring SLA’s are adhered to.
- Providing regular detailed updates to internal and external users so that customer satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Providing 1st line technical support as required and ensure that cases are escalated to the correct level in a timely fashion in-line with company processes/SLA’s.
- Evaluating and chasing escalations appropriately to ensure customer requirements are met/exceeded.
- Following both internal and client specific processes to ensure a consistent approach to customer support.
Your Skills and Experience
- Excellent customer service skills and a strong customer focused work ethic.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and confidence on the phone.
- At least 2 years’ previous experience in a telephone support or customer service role.
- At least 12 months’ previous experience providing Desktop/Laptop/Server IT support with a strong understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
- Solid working knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 operating systems.
- Good understanding of Exchange 2007/2010/2013 and office 365.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
- Previous experience of working with servers (2008 onwards).
- CompTIA A+ or similar Microsoft certification. (Desired but not essential).
- £24,000 package (with the potential to earn more by taking on more shifts during busy periods.)