Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a SOC Engineer for a successful MSP based in Milton Keynes?
Your role will involve investigating monitored systems to proactively to prevent customer disruption.
Main Duties of the Role
- Investigate and resolve system generated tickets and log any issues you may discover with accurate information and progress them though to resolution.
- Calling customers as necessary in a friendly and professional manner to resolve technical issues, although this will not be the main focus of your role
- Taking responsibility for your personal call queue, ensuring that all issues are closed in a timely fashion. Logging detailed and accurate information into the Call Management system.
- Monitoring & resolving all customer backup issues as they arise and the deployment of new backup solutions.
- Working with our monitoring software to resolve issues detected on customer systems, e.g. Disk Space warnings, Hardware Failures, SSL Renewals.
- Ensuring all customer system are accurately patched though patch management deployment tools for all Server and Client systems
- Investigating security breaches on internal and cloud-based systems e.g. Office 365
Your Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of server type and deployments although expert knowledge is not required.
- Good knowledge and experience with Exchange and Office 365.
- Good understanding of networking.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Servers
- Strong knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Experience working with servers (Server 2008, 2012, & 2016)
- Experience of virtualised Microsoft environments.
- £25,000-£30,000 per annum