Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a 2nd/3rd line IT Engineer to be based in London?
You will be responsible for providing technical support to a variety of clients as well as in-house systems for a successful Managed Service Provider.
Main Duties of the Role
- 2nd /3rd Line Technical Support
- Ensuring SLA’s are adhered too
- Ownership of incidents throughout their lifecycle
- Keeping Documentation up to date and accurate
- Monitoring systems for alerts
- Routine checks such as system health and backups
- Managing communication between customers and internal parties
- Proactive updating and monitoring of internal IT systems ensuring they are maintained and kept up to date
- From time-to-time, you will be required to be involved in small internal projects to ensure continual process improvement
- Involvement in technical projects for technology deployments/upgrades etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365 / SharePoint
- Windows Server administration including DNS & DHCP Configuration
- Virtualised Infrastructure support (VMware/Hyper-V etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of backup solutions (Shadowprotect/Datto/Symantec BESR or similar)
- Detailed knowledge of networking technology with the ability to troubleshoot general connectivity problems in both LAN and WAN.
- Firewall and Switch support (Fortigate, CISCO or XG)
- Desktop support on Windows 10 and MS Office suite
- Experience with storage technologies, NAS, SAN, etc.
- Wireless troubleshooting – Wireless Controller / remote Access Points / Cloud-based (Aruba, Meraki, Zyxel, etc.)
- Anti-Spam technologies such as Mimecast / MessageLabs or similar
- Knowledge of encryption and antivirus products
- Good understanding of BCP and DR
- Essential to have previous experience of IT service process review and documentation
Certified or working towards
- MCSA / MCSE
The role is office-based and working hours are between 9.00 – 17:30 (with a bit of flexibility) Monday to Friday. There will be a requirement to join the on-call rota which is rewarded with an on-call allowance.