Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity as a Senior IT Systems Engineer for a MSP based in South West London?
The role will involve managing the day-to-day delivery of IT support services within a school. You will provide the appropriate IT support to staff and students including liaising with 3rd parties to ensure all IT equipment is maintained.
- Assess incoming incidents and prioritise work according to timescales and processes.
- Keep accurate and timely records within the incident monitoring system, ensuring that the end user receives feedback at all times
- Carry out technical investigation into support calls and escalate to the 3rd party technical team where required
- Maintain spare IT stock, warranties and software licences.
- Set up new computers and their peripherals, including hardware and software.
- Arrange and repair equipment under the terms of the warranty agreement on specific hardware.
- Provide assistance in coordinating the testing and installation of new 3rd party software or services.
- Log/update or remove asset register information relating to kit when it is moved/deployed or disposed of within the School.
- Escalate issues impacting on your ability to meet specific objectives to the line manager.
- Coaching and mentoring IT support apprentices.
- Undertake connectivity testing and Network maintenance, including wireless access.
- Undertake the administration of the active directory, user accounts, SCCM and security permissions.
- Maintenance of Windows servers and client machines.
- Maintain system security and backup, including patches and anti-virus precautions and manage College printers and printing system.
- Advise the senior leadership on the development of the IT network and infrastructure of the School
- Work with backend service provider helpdesk.
- Work with the Support Team Leader to ensure the network meets the requirements for filtering and safeguarding.
- Work with the Support Team Leader as a member of the School E-Safety committee.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Deploy, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- £30,000 – £35,000