Xact Placements are currently working an engineering company who specialises in advanced video and image hardware / software solutions. Their products significantly improves picture quality, compression and processing speeds with reduced power consumption. Our client’s products are used by various industries such as broadcasting, security, medical imaging, video conferencing, telematics as well as aerospace & defence.
We are currently recruiting for a Mid Level C++ Software Developer to join our client based in London.
Main Duties of the Role
- Develop software for new products
- Take the conceptual, high level mathematical work of my client and architect C++ implementation on Windows/Linux OS/iOS/Android
- Integrate with third party codebases
- Create clear and concise technical specifications
- Test, measure and quantify complex signal processing code
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in video processing or equivalent
- Solid experience in developing C/C++ code from the ground up
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A degree in either Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Experience compression codecs, such as: MPEG2, H.264, HEVC
- A good understanding of Agile Development and DevOps best practices
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and their practical applications in a development environment.
- Experience of testing frameworks such as: Google Test Framework, CPPUnit.
- Experience of pair programming