Xact Placements are currently working an engineering company who specialises in advanced video and image hardware / software solutions. Their products significantly improves picture quality, compression and processing speeds with reduced power consumption. Our client’s products are used by various industries such as broadcasting, security, medical imaging, video conferencing, telematics as well as aerospace & defence.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Engineer (Automation) to join our client based in London.
You will be responsible for creating and implementing new automation test strategies across the business and developing and performing a range of test suites.
Working within a highly Agile team, you will be responsible for contributing to the hands-on automation and manual test techniques.
Main Duties of the Role
- Effectively implementing new automation test strategies
- Selecting the most appropriate test tools and test techniques for my client
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain and execute automated test suites
- Scheduling and requesting use of test environments, appropriate test data to support Test Plans.
- Perform testing cycles including System Tests, Functional/Non-functional Tests, Exploratory Tests, End-to-End Tests etc.
- Creation and maintenance of regression test packs
Your Skills and Experience
- 2+ years’ software testing experience
- REST API solutions
- BDD testing tool experience
- Use of standard Agile techniques and tools
- Continuous integration environments covering: source code repositories; version control; build creation; unit, integration and system tests.
- Experience in some of the following: Python, Golang, Appium, Browser and HTML5 testing, Docker, C/C++
- JUnit, JMeter
- Exposure to pytest, google test framework
- AWS cloud solutions
- Expertise in the end-to-end software development life cycle
- Hands-on experience with modern databases
- Good understanding of the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of Embedded systems.