Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a Purchasing Manager for an IT Hardware Distributor to be based in Windsor, Berkshire?
Main Duties of the Role
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- HR management of the purchasing team
- Negotiate with suppliers and delivery companies for best price, quality and delivery with optimal terms, focusing on Gross Margins
- Establish and maintain new Suppliers globally.
- Maintain relationship with existing suppliers; regular supplier visits & supplier evaluations.
- Evaluate new suppliers: coordinate risk analysis, including management of supplier bankruptcies and receiverships etc.
- Oversee booking in and tracking of incoming containers and deal with associated documentation for imports
Your Skills and Experience
- Experienced in methods of securing tenders/pricing from suppliers
- Strong negotiation skills
- Team management skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within deadlines and cope under pressure
- £45,000-£50,000 per annum, depending on experience plus commission and bonus + kickers