Senior Systems Administrator
My client is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to work on client systems, based on their cloud platform and associated B2B applications.
The role is located in West Drayton.
My client is a leading provider of Digital Asset Management and workflow solutions to the Retail and Entertainment sectors. They are developing a SaaS DAM platform and client product suite to drive the next stage in growth of the business. This exciting initiative utilises the latest in front end and server side technology to enable them to develop and deploy new client DAM applications rapidly across web and mobile. The platform has recently been released and they’re now starting to develop new client systems using the stack.
What you will be doing
- Deployment, automation, management, and maintenance of AWS cloud-based production system.
- Ensuring availability, performance, security, and scalability of AWS production systems.
- Implementing CICD (Continuous integration Continuous deployment) tools.
- Efficient maintenance, management and monitoring of all legacy sites in a LAMP technologies hosting environment.
- Leading design, improvement and implementation of infrastructure platforms, including management of creation, release, and configuration of production systems.
- Documenting all procedures where necessary providing efficient guidelines for other staff members and freelancers.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- To support the web development team in their server systems setup and configuration requirements.
- Act as a technical escalation point for major incidents
- Provide out-of-hours support for key systems with 24/7 cover
- Evaluation of new technology alternatives and vendor products.
- Provision of critical system security by leveraging best practices and prolific cloud security solutions.
- Definition and deployment of systems for metrics, logging, and monitoring on AWS platform.
- Designing, management and maintenance of tools for automation of different operational processes.
- Providing operational support across various systems and customer environments, including data centre, connectivity, server setup, monitoring, firewall and associated components.
- Understanding of Linux packages and automation tools to deploy patches.
Skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of CentOS/RHEL Linux Distributions (or similar)
- Knowledge of storage systems including LVM.
- Knowledge of Virtualisation including XEN/KVM
- Web Hosting services (BIND, Apache, Postfix/Sendmail, Axigen mail)
- Scripting Languages: Bash, Perl, PHP, SQL.
- Database scaling and clustering
- Comfortable with compiling open source software, kernel and packaging
- RPM packages.
- IMAP, MySQL, Oracle XE, Webalizer, Cpanel
- Systems / Network Services (LVM,XFS,SE Linux, ACL, NFS, CUPS, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, IMAP, POP,Samba, OpenVPN)
- Firewall administration knowledge, including Juniper, IPTables, MRTG.
- Network Administration and Analyzing, Network Sniffers (Wireshark)
- System Management (Spacewalk, RHN Satellite)
- Backup Systems (rsnapshot/rsync)
- Source control management tools such as, GitHub, Git, Bitbucket, GitLab, Subversion, Mercurial etc.
- Continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo,Travis CI, CruiseControl etc.
- Deployment tools such as, Otto, JuJu, CodeDeploy etc.
- System Monitoring (Nagios, SNMP, MRTG, New relic, Kibana, Elasticsearch, Dynatrace etc).
- Repository management tools such as, Nexus, Npm, Docker Hub, Artifactory etc.
- Provisioning tools such as, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, terraform, vagrant etc.
- AWS management, especially configuring VPCs, and using IAM
- Working with Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Docker compose and Docker swarm
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins/Circle CI
- Jira, Slack etc.
- Fortify, Tripwire etc.
What we’ll give you
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Opportunity to work on and shape a truly greenfield platform and product set.
- Freedom to fix the things you see that are broken and help make the technical and architectural decisions that drive the future of the product
- Flat company structure – you’ll have direct access to the CTO and board members
- Great kit in a friendly office, Friday beers / pizza and regular tech talks and conference attendance