Xact Placements are currently working an engineering company who specialises in advanced video and image hardware / software solutions. Their products significantly improves picture quality, compression and processing speeds with reduced power consumption. Our client’s products are used by various industries such as broadcasting, security, medical imaging, video conferencing, telematics as well as aerospace & defence.
We are currently recruiting for a Junior C++ Software Developer to join our client based in London.
Main Duties of the Role
• Develop software for new products
• Take the conceptual, high level mathematical work and architect C++ implementation on Windows/Linux OS/iOS/Android
• Integrate with third party commercial and open source codebases
• Create clear, concise and verifiable technical specifications, APIs and integration guides
• Test, measure and quantify complex signal processing code, in order to validate performance and provide customer ready releases
Your Skills and Experience
• Experience of working in video processing or equivalent high performance compute experience
• Experience in developing C/C++ code from the ground up and enhancing established code bases
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A degree in either Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or a similar
• Experience of design and implementation of compression codecs
• A good understanding of Agile Development and DevOps best practices
• Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and their practical applications in a development environment.
• Experience of testing frameworks
• Experience of pair programming