This is an exciting opportunity to join my client’s national Managed Services team. The role is to manage the day-to-day operation of the IT environment within one of our their customers, based in Ipswich, mentoring an apprentice IT Engineer in delivering excellent, customer focussed, support.
The team’s function is to provide support for all aspects of the IT infrastructure including; Servers, Storage, Networking, Wireless, Telephony, EUD and Software.
- Responsibility for the IT Support team function.
- Work as part of the Managed Services team who are accountable to deliver an effective support service.
- Assist the Service Delivery Manager, when required, in the compilation of reporting to manage, track and trend the effective delivery of services.
- Reporting relevant data and information to the Service Delivery Manager where required.
- Responsibility for the development and execution of the IT systems / service work plans and individual work plans for team members.
- To manage and develop the apprentice through training, mentoring and support, ensuring that the team is skilled for the smooth running of the IT systems.
- Work collaboratively with customer staff to understand their ongoing requirements to support in the development of their IT Strategy
- Assist with the IT budget creation and management, ensuring internal procurement process is followed for all purchases.
- Analyse feedback from staff through surveys and meetings to continually improve the service being delivered.
- Support the Service Delivery Manager in the development and execution of the IT strategy.
- Ensure that the computer systems are available to support day to day activities, unless otherwise agreed through planned maintenance periods, in line with the SLA.
- Ensure that essential maintenance is accurately planned in advance and any disruption to availability scheduled in agreement with the customer.
- Ensuring that all reasonable steps are taken to ensure the security and stability of the IT systems, including training users on the effective use of software i.e. identifying unsafe emails.
Service Level Agreement
- Ensure that all tickets are processed accurately and managed through to completion within the allotted SLA, and that tickets are prioritised based on their impact.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to identify any SLA failures and implement processes to prevent future reoccurrence.
- Be responsible for delivering day-to-day IT support to all users, and addressing any on-going or recurring issues affecting service.
Documentation & Change Management
- Ensure the agreed documentation is complete, accurate and maintained for all systems and made available to the customer and the MSP.
- Ensure all changes to the IT systems are accurately planned and costed before presenting for approval.
- Implement and manage a Configuration Management Database to assist with change requests, minimising disruption to the service.
- Work with third parties as required for new installations, upgrades or escalations.
- Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours at short notice to resolve issues affecting systems availability or to complete project work.
- To ensure full compliance with internal helpdesk policies.
- To complete ad-hoc duties and tasks allocated by line management from time to time.
- To complete additional ad-hoc and scheduled project work, as required.
- At least three years’ management experience of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/ 2016 and three years’ Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, preferably in an education environment.
- Excellent working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS and NPS.
- Experience managing VMware vSphere.
- Experience managing Office 365 and Federated Services.
- Experience of a tier 1 antivirus solution in a networked environment.
- Management and deployment of software images through Systems Centre Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Experience of Google GSuite and Chromebooks
- Experience of Apple Mac OS X.
- Experience of the following software:
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Apple Mac OS integration with Windows networks and DeployStudio
- Papercut Print Management solutions
- Capita SIMS – upgrades/backups/deployment
- Google Apps
Interpersonal and Communications Skills
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive approach to work.
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues to non-technical users.
- Ability to communicate across a wide range of ages, experience and abilities.
- Ability and willingness to share knowledge across the team and with customers to aid learning and proficiency.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware.
- Full-Time (52 Weeks/Annum, 37.5 Hours Per Week), Monday to Friday,
- Working Hours 08:00-16:30 Mon-Thu, 08:00-16:00 Fri