Our client based in Oxfordshire is a leading technology company with a reputation of excellence and innovation. They deliver ICT solutions to the public and private sector, predominantly focussed on education establishments, which is replicated across higher education and further education. Their niche is network infrastructure with HPE Aruba and Fortinet.
Due to growth they are now seeking an external and field based Senior Business Development Manager with a proven track record in selling Hardware, Software, Services and Solutions within the Higher and Further Education Sector. You will work alongside an Internal Account Manager and will be focused on developing new accounts leveraging existing university and college relationships.
- Develop and win new business through pro-active outbound telephone activity, on site visits, responses to tenders and RFQ’s and to manage new and existing relationships, selling the complete range of Hardware, Software, Services and Solutions.
- Lead and support internal Account Manager.
- Build and manage a pipeline of larger ongoing opportunities and to report accurate revenue and margin forecasts on a weekly basis to Sales management.
- Developing and executing account plans and strategy to increase sales in customers.
- Preparing proposals, tender responses and quotations for customers.
- Building industry knowledge within sector to help shape ongoing strategy.
- Representing the Company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Negotiating on price, delivery and specifications with suppliers.
- Provide professional and time effective account management.
- Manage all customer service incidents within a timely manner and against any agreed SLA timescales, escalating where required.
- To operate in accordance with all processes and procedures at all times.
- To ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the internal systems.
- Requirement to attend customer sites for client visits and to attend external Shows and Exhibitions to take leads and build relationships.
- To complete additional ad hoc outbound telemarketing activities as required as a pipeline generation activity.
- To assist the Sales Management by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required.
- To make recommendations to customers on the best solutions.
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience selling solutions into the Higher and Further Education sector.
- Technology experience and success with Aruba is essential.
- Good understanding of Network Infrastructures (wired and Wireless), Servers, storage and cloud solutions.
- The company is building their Hybrid cloud proposition and a good understanding of Converged infrastructure and hybrid cloud models is therefore required.
- Experience of territory management and development.
- Track record of sales achievement.
- Ability to work to Targets and time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work to Daily, Weekly and Monthly Key Performance Indicators and report thereof
- Keep abreast of new developments and products in both software and hardware
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Solution sales background
- Excellent negotiation and Influential selling skills
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present to C-Level
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels (internal and external)
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Basic Salary £55,000 to £65,000 depending on skills and experience
- Company Car/Car Cash Allowance
- Competitive Commission Plan
- Generous Company Benefits