As a result of continued year on year growth my client need to expand their Network Delivery Team and are therefore looking to recruit a number of experienced Network Project Engineers.
Working as part of a customer facing delivery team you will be responsible for provisioning services and delivering customer projects providing end-to-end solutions comprising of WAN, LAN, WLAN & Security.
This role requires the delivery of network services from Data Centres though to customer sites over service provider infrastructure. Integrating these solutions with other services such as public cloud, private cloud and collaboration.
Low level network design, implementation plans, acceptance testing plans, configuration design, cli device configuration, access switching, data centre switching, enterprise routing, WLAN, firewalls/security.
Core Vendors – Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Meraki
Desirable skills – Service provider routing (BGP), SD-WAN
This is a varied role working within both service provider and enterprise environments, across multiple device types and technologies, with market leading vendors in a technology led business. The role varies from project to project from small scale DC solutions to large scale SD-WANs comprising of multiple technical teams to deliver platform solutions.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Technical lead and ownership for the delivery of network projects fulfilling customers’ requirements and meeting my client’s standards – with a focus on outcome-based project delivery
- Provision of network services within Data Centres, points of presence or to customer locations
- The provision of managed CPE which includes routers, switches, and firewalls – staging, upgrades, remote support for implementation, testing and handover to in life service
- The provision of managed network applications and virtual network appliances
- Manage work-in-progress deliverables including technical scope reviews, low level design documents, migration plans, risk analysis, network diagrams and handover documents
- Attend sales handover & project handover calls to understand deliverables
- Liaising with pre-sales, technical authorities, project managers, and customers to discuss projects obtaining necessary technical information, and implementation of services and testing
- Mentoring of network provisioning engineers, and act as a technical escalation for those engineers
- To ensure exceptional quality consistent with network project delivery
- To ensure that all delivery activities adhere to security and operational processes and policies
- To be a consummate technology professional upholding and re-enforcing the professional
culture and standards working to ensure compliance with agreed service level agreements, operational level agreements, and professional conduct
- Out of office hours working, and/or offset working hours, will be required to support business needs
- On site visits may be required to support business needs
The salary for this role is £40,000 – £45,000