Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to be based in Hook, Hampshire?
You will be responsible for designing data warehouse solutions and working with conventional data warehouse or virtualisation technologies to come up with plans that best support a business
Main Duties of the Role
- Analyse the structure of a business, how it uses technology and what its goals are
- Identify problems within a business, including through using data modelling techniques
- Formulate ways for businesses to improve
- Document requirements and architect the design of solutions
- Work closely with the development team to ensure solutions are delivered as per the requirements defined
- Develop both physical and logical data models.
- Prepare designs for database systems and recommend improvements for performance.
- Maintain and develop various database scripts and tools to facilitate automation process.
Your Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience performing data warehouse architecture development and management
- Experience with database technologies
- Experience in developing code, testing for quality assurance, administering RDBMS, and monitoring of databases
- High proficiency in dimensional modelling techniques
- Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills
- Experience with at least 1 of the following; Cognos, Tableau, SportFire, TIBCO, QlikView, MicroStrategy, Information Builders, or other reporting and analytical tools
- Working knowledge of R code used in data processing and modelling tasks
- Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS
- Experience in Maintaining data analytics platforms.
- Experience in troubleshooting data models and ETL Processes
- Experience of ETL tools
- Experience of data virtualisation tools
- £50,000-£60,000 per annum
- Quarterly bonus