My client is a technology led business where clearer ownership and direction is required to ensure they continue to lead in their market.
The Technology Practice Lead is a critical role in driving the technology, proposition and product offering forward in an identified area. You will have responsibility for the strategy and direction of the practice offerings to the marketplace and be expected to drive overall practice growth through a combination of thought leadership, strategic planning, collaboration, and execution of well-defined offerings.
This role is a key part of the organisation, which will collaboratively agree the overall technology strategy of the business, ensuring that my client has solutions and products that are compelling and drive their continued growth.
As the Practice Lead you will have regular involvement with the commercial teams.
- Develop a compelling technology practice strategy
- Develop clearly defined propositions that are clear for the sales team to sell, and for customers to buy
- Define & create product offering and propositions aligned with technical strategy, go to market strategy and customer demand
- Define and own the roadmap for specified technology areas
- Contribute to driving growth in revenue/margin of practice offerings
- Work with product enablement to ensure services are defined internally and externally, including product descriptions, training materials, pricing, SLA, clear deliverables and associated service wrap and handover to service delivery teams for implementation and in-life support.
- Support the sales & marketing team with driving demand for the practice portfolio, providing expert guidance, educating the team to ensure technology offerings are correctly positioned in target markets.
- Listening to feedback from customers, commercial teams, vendors and the market, map requirements for best-in-class offerings selecting the most appropriate solutions
- Provide proactive support to clients and prospects and be part of strategic bids to ensure their successful adoption of practice technology
- Build executive relationships with clients, influence long-term strategic direction, and act as a trusted advisor to ensure retention and growth in spend
- Provide input to the bid process, contributing to compelling proposals built and focused around identified business needs
- Lead a wider virtual team consisting of pre-sales, solutions specialists, product enablement and marketing resource
- Where applicable manage technology specific product management resource
- Be the subject matter expert and evangelist of the practice technology educating sales and customers
- Create, and where required, deliver presentations internally and externally regarding the practice propositions
As Practice Lead you will be expected to demonstrate certain skills in order to successfully fulfil the role. These include:
- Thorough understanding of practice technology
- Innovative approach, consistently seeking improvements
- Able to develop creative solutions and gain buy-in of colleagues across functions
- Strong commercial acumen
- Flexibility, able to adjust approach to different situations, customers and projects
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal, written and face-to-face)
- Demonstrate a good understanding of solutions
- Be an effective manager of your own time
- You must have exceptional attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and energetic environment
- Organisation, numeracy and a structured approach to work
- A team player who can work with diverse areas
- Interest in Technology and Business
- A positive can-do attitude
Performance will be measured against a set of monthly, quarterly and annual targets and Key Performance
Indicators. These will include:
- Growth in revenue in practice technology
- Growth in new customer adoption of practice technology
- Successful delivery of product roadmap
- Successful adoption of new services into the Delivery and Live Service environment
The role reports to the CTO, although interaction will be required with various departments across the business.
Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports will be required (format to be agreed).