Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer for a successful MSP to be based in Milton Keynes?
Main Duties of the Role
• Answering calls in a friendly and professional manner from clients with technical issues.
• Logging detailed and accurate information into the Call Management system.
• Efficiently handling incoming technical support incidents, requests and changes.
• Taking responsibility for your personal call queue, ensuring that all calls are closed in a timely fashion. Logging detailed and accurate information into the Call Management system.
• Communicating with clients to keep them updated on the progression of their issue and ensuring that customer satisfaction remains high.
• Resolution of calls ranging from simple password resets to complex server queries.
• Perform software builds/rebuilds on PCs and laptops as required.
• Fixing hardware faults and install upgrades to clients’ hardware.
Your Skills and Experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Friendly, confident and professional telephone manner.
• Eager to learn new skills and invest in personal development.
• Strong attention to detail with well-developed problem solving skills.
• Time management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• 3 years+ in IT technical support – ideally within an MSP environment.
• Knowledge and understanding of Active Directory, Group Policy, etc.
• Good knowledge and experience with Exchange and Office 365.
• Good understanding of networking.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
• Strong knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 operating systems.
• Good understanding of Microsoft Office software
• Experience working with servers (Server 2008, 2012, & 2016)
• Understanding of ITIL methodology.
• MCSA qualified or working towards.
• Comp TIA N+
• Experience of virtualised Microsoft environments.
• WatchGuard Firewalls (configure /troubleshoot)
• Mac hardware and MacOS.
• VoIP phone system(s).
• SolarWinds Products.
• £25,000-£32,000 per annum, depending on experience