Xact Placements have an outstanding opportunity working for an upcoming Craft Beer Retailer who are looking for Mid-Level and Senior Web Developers to come and join them. The company has a fantastic culture and fun working environment where you will be welcome to taste test new brews and enjoy an early finish on Friday’s to enjoy the company bar with the rest of the company.
We are ideally looking for fun and energetic developers who ideally like craft beer, though the position is open to those who don’t as well as it’s your technical abilities that we are after. In this role you will be playing a key role in a small but growing development team where you will be taking on technical challenges that will play a crucial role in their plans for international expansion.
What you will be doing.
As part of the Development Team your primary responsibilities will be to add and develop new features for our client’s platform whilst ensuring that their website remains operational, especially during periods when they encounter high sales volumes.
Other duties include:
- Aid in documentation, spec processes and tech systems for current and future projects
- Managing specific tech projects such as those relating to increasing website conversion and general awesomeness.
- Play a key role in international expansion
- Improve the user interface, experience and troubleshoot bugs
- Driving efficiency in the back end, working with ops to streamline processes and reporting
- Fix various tech issues as they arise
Technical Skills Required
- Either Java, C# / .Net, Groovy on Grails or Ruby on Rails.
- MySQL or other relational databases
- Hibernate or similar frameworks
Nice to have
- Nginx running on Ubuntu server
- Previous Ecommerce experience
- Experience of mentoring Junior Developers
- Knowledge / experience with Agile
- Any additional codding skills with Python, C++
- £30,000 – £45,000 (Depending on your skill and level of experience)
- 20 days holiday in the first year, rising for each year of service by 1 day up to 25 days.
- Plus an extra half day for birthday’s
- A free Discovery Club box every month
- Free beers from the bar every weekend
- Friday drinks with the team and free lunches when company sales targets are hit
- A generous discount code for the retail website
- Access to a company pension scheme after 3 months