Our client based in Hertfordshire is a successful, growing and leading specialist in IT Networking Solutions.
Currently looking to take on an experienced Finance Manager to join their small finance team. Reporting to the director with responsibility for Legal and Finance and working with the existing credit controller, the successful candidate will have responsibility for the day-to-day finance function of the business.
- Processing supplier invoices in Connectwise (CRM system) and Xero (finance software)
- Addressing any invoice queries and contacting suppliers to resolve
- Obtaining credit notes where needed and processing
- Reconciling supplier statements and requesting any missing items
- Preparing weekly / monthly BACS runs to pay suppliers
- Reconciling payments with bank and credit card statements
- Using supplier portals to obtain copy invoices for processing
- Checking invoices raised by the operations team, syncing to Xero and sending out from Xero to customers.
- Credit Control – Liaising with customer finance teams, chasing payments, dealing with invoice queries etc.
- Reconciling remittances to customer accounts
- Using customer portals to upload invoices
- Sending out month end statements to customers and copy invoices when requested
- Credit checks, managing credit limits and credit insurance
- Completing new supplier documentation
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including reconciliation of control accounts including wages, prepayments and accruals
- Preparation of year end audit file and liaising with auditors
- Liaising with external accountants
- Liaising with HMRC on tax matters
Other finance functions:
- Payroll administration
- Administration/management of recurring revenue billing (telephony, connectivity, helpdesk, managed services).
- Oversight of staff expenses
- AAT Professional (Level 4) qualification as a minimum
- Private practice experience within an accountancy firm (bookkeeping and preparation of management accounts).
- 3 years’ experience either in private practice or, preferably, working within a finance department including the preparation of management accounts and familiarity with UK GAAP.
- Experience working with common accounting/finance software (Xero, Sage or similar).
- Good understanding of VAT
- Good knowledge of HMRC filing requirements
- Organised and thorough, with good attention to detail
- A quick learner that is willing to develop new skills and show initiative
- Personable and confident dealing with customers and suppliers
- A positive “can do” attitude and the drive to get things done within deadlines
- Enjoy taking on responsibility
- Work well within a team
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good computer skills including experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Payroll experience (processing payroll and familiarity with payroll software) not essential but preferred.
- Good understanding of the relevant monthly journals and monthly and annual filings required for payroll.
- A full driving license and car are required.
- Basic salary £35,000 to £40,000 depending on skills and experience.
- The company actively encourages all staff to undertake ongoing training in disciplines that are of interest to them and the Company is willing to support the candidate in obtaining relevant qualifications.
- Holidays: Pro-rata based on 22 days plus public holidays (increasing with service)
- Role to be part office and home based.