Are you looking for a new exciting opportunity working as a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Architect to be based near Witney, Oxfordshire?
Role Summary & Key Responsibilities include:
- You will work closely with the sales department to support them on opportunities and provide technical expertise, pre-sales consultancy and solution architecture
- You will collaborate closely with the company’s partner vendors (Microsoft, HPE, Dell, VMware, Veeam, Nutanix)
- Ideally you will have come from a VMware/Hyper-V private cloud infrastructure background with extensive migration experience to public cloud (Azure)
- Ideally you will have extensive migration experience from Exchange (on-prem) to Office 365 Exchange Online
- Champion best practice in architecture governance and process, ensure solution proposals adhere to best practice wherever possible.
- You will accurately assess the risk to the company and its customers solutions and future technology implementation proposals.
- Support cost/benefit analysis for all solution proposals.
- Lead our vendors and partners to identify and evaluate technology improvements to support the company’s initiatives and drive increased efficiency.
- Conduct research and studies on emerging technologies to support business initiatives and increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
- Act as subject matter expert on cloud computing, multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud solutions
- Resolve design technical problems promptly and thoroughly when they arise in an inclusive manner.
- You will be responsible for assisting the company’s professional services engineers by leading the implementation of projects.
- This is a customer facing role, with travel (Please note that travel may be restricted due to measures taken regarding COVID-19). You must be able to communicate over the phone and run customer workshops to a technical and non-technical audience.
Essential and Desirable Requirements
- Microsoft Azure – Solutions Architect Expert level certified with extensive migration experience from VMware/Hyper-V to Azure
- Office 365 – Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert level certified with extensive migration experience from on-premise Exchange to Exchange online
- VMware ESXi configure, manage, install (VCP) level with extensive experience building private cloud infrastructure solutions
- Hyper-V configure, manage, install (MCSE) level with extensive experience building private cloud infrastructure solutions
- Microsoft Intune/Endpoint manager expertise would be a bonus
- Microsoft Teams expertise would be a bonus
- HPE Nimble expertise would be a bonus
- Nutanix expertise would be a bonus
- VMware vCloud director expertise would be a bonus
- VMware NSX expertise would be a bonus
- Veeam backup and replication expertise would be a bonus
- Previous experience building server & storage kit lists for HPE and DELL would be a bonus
- Experience designing solutions for private and public Cloud, Multi-Cloud and Hybrid setup.
- Experience implementing Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Experience in leading the design of significantly sized or complex systems.
- Forward-thinker: keep up to date with emerging technologies which could support the organization in the future.
- The ability to work comfortably with different teams, functions and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Collaborative approach to build the best of breed solutions in collaboration with the rest of the Architecture teams and IT operations.
- £60,000-£75,000 per annum
- Company car or car allowance