Our client based in Stourbridge is a unique charity fundraising platform. Hosting thousands of fundraising challenges for people passionate about helping others and processing over £3m in donations. They have developed a digital toolkit to help charities harness the power of digital technology and they connect the latest apps to a charity’s fundraiser in order to create innovative virtual events that raise more for those in need.
Due to success and growth they are now looking to take on an experienced Business Development Manager to join their Sales Team. The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for revenue growth through the acquisition of new charity partnerships across multiple income streams.
This is a hybrid/remote working role.
- Revenue growth through:
- Donation processing
- Platform subscriptions
- Bespoke email journeys for fundraisers
- Bespoke Microsites for flagship campaigns
- Product development (ideation, refinement)
- Digital adverting (Planning, set up and ongoing management of social media advertising)
- Collaborating with the development team on feature development
- Outbound contact to prospect data
- Managing sales pipeline and forecast detail across all income streams using CRM tool (HubSpot).
- Providing weekly forecasts and reports.
- Creating value-based and ROI-driven proposals using Pandadoc and presenting these to prospective customers
- Actively expanding and mapping partnership accounts for decision-makers and influencers responsible for third-party and charity-owned events, community, virtual, corporate, in-memory and innovation teams (captured in HubSpot).
- Qualifying short, medium and long-term opportunities to pitch the company as platform of choice for the above
- Work with Key Account Managers to close additional revenue through upselling and cross selling.
- Minimum 2 years software sales experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience of working in a client services/sales focussed/ B2B SaaS environment within a Start-up/SME.
- Tech savvy
- Engaging presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- The ability to manage own workload, multi-task, prioritise, set and meet deadlines
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Knowledge, experience or interest in the charity sector desirable
- A people person who is confident at building good working relationships at all levels
- A positive, honest and can-do mind-set
- Proactive and outcome driven
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, organise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities.
- Collaborative approach and willingness to compromise to find solutions
- A results-oriented, outcome driven team member who thrives on working in a fast-paced start-up high pressure environment, who maintains a calm approach and sound judgement.
- Good interpersonal, facilitative and negotiation skills
- Forward-thinking approach.
- Basic salary £35,000 to £40,000
- OTE £60,000 to £70,000